- About Ransom IT Web Hosting
- Basic Information
- What does Ransom IT offer?
- New Zealand based VPS
- Standard Features: Unmanaged VPS Plans
- Can’t find a suitable package? Want a custom plan?
- Unmanaged VPS services
- Managed VPS services
- Managed Linux VPS plans are offered with CentOS only.
- Dedicated Servers
- Dedicated Servers Offer
- Current Available Stock
About Ransom IT Web Hosting
Ransom IT Web Hosting is an Adelaide based hosting services business started in 2008. Starting off as a shared hosting provider from one Adelaide data centre they rapidly expanded to offer a range of hosting related services in multiple locations.
|Hosting Name||Ransom IT Web Hosting|
|Price Start From||$6.81 – $64.73|
|Money Back||Money Back No|
|Email Support||[email protected]|
|Official Website||Click Here To Visit|
What does Ransom IT offer?
Ransom IT now offers VPS (virtual private server), dedicated servers, colocation, and managed reseller hosting for individual and business clients around the world. They have customers and resellers on every continent but one and pride ourselves in being able to offer customised and flexible high value services for valued customers.
New Zealand based VPS
Ransom IT offers Virtual Private Server services based in an Auckland CBD data centre facility (The Data Centre). We utilise enterprise level hardware with Intel Xeon® processors and redundant disk arrays for maximum performance and reliability.
Standard Features: Unmanaged VPS Plans
- Plans can be upgraded at any time by submitting a support ticket.
- Standard services come by default with 1 IPv4 address and 10 IPv6 addresses.
Can’t find a suitable package? Want a custom plan?
At Ransom IT we understand that many businesses have special requirements. If you have specific hosting requirements or would like a quote for a managed VPS please contact us for assistance. We have a mix of hardware and can offer specialised solutions with unusual requirements, SSD storage, HDD storage, higher bandwidth, more IP addresses, or other customisations.
Unmanaged VPS services
With unmanaged services you are expected to take care of software updates and security maintenance yourself. This is the best option for experienced Linux system administrators who can take care of everything themselves. We are still available for support but if the issue is found to be with your specific configuration we will be unable to assist you further. You are expected to either run your own backups as unmanaged services do not include any backup features.
Managed VPS services
With managed services we take care of software updates, configuring the initial firewall, ongoing security maintenance and we will provide more comprehensive support for system administration and technical issues. We will also backup your VPS to a separate physical system if desired. You can consider Ransom IT as your partner for system administration with these plans. Contact for a quote on a managed VPS plan.
Managed Linux VPS plans are offered with CentOS only.
Inbound and outbound counted equally. By default if the data limit is reached the VPS is shut down. If you need your VPS to stay online and have not purchased an adequate data plan then please contact us with your requirements and they can configure a customised plan. Alternate arrangements are best if arranged in advance.
Listed servers are unmanaged. Ransom IT is available to provide basic support for these services via ticket/email however we do not provide additional monitoring or maintenance or general system administration services unless a customised managed plan has been negotiated. Please contact for information regarding managed service options. We provide management port access via a VPN platform (to DRAC/IPMI controllers) on request at no extra charge. In cases of hardware issues/parts failure they will facilitate replacements or spare systems for customers as promptly as possible.
Dedicated Servers Offer
- Reliability & Performance – Enterprise hardware, quality datacentres, stable networks.
- Flexibility – They have a range of servers available of varying specification and can customise most offers to meet specific requirements
- Managed Options – We offer managed hosting options to take over the general maintenance of Linux based servers
- Location Options – More geographic locations available than our competitors; they
- 12 independent geographic POPs over 5 countries, presence in 16 datacentres
- Decentralised network; no single core for maximum redundancy and location independence
- 4 diverse high quality transit providers; optimal low latency routes in the region with direct Asia-connectivity
- 2 peering fabrics providers
- Over 80 Gbit total transit capacity
- Over 60 Gbit total peering capacity
- offer services in all major population centres in Australia, Auckland (New Zealand) and Tokyo (Japan), Singapore, and Hong Kong (Hong Kong SAR, China)
Reasons to choose Ransom IT
- Privately owned Australian business in operation for over a decade
- Local quality and fast support; no multiple levels of technical support or offshore front line support
- Many locations available and maximum customisation options
- Strong record of quality service and high customer satisfaction
- Highest quality support in emergency situations
Current Available Stock
They are constantly adding more servers to POPs and moving a lot of stock; if you have specific hardware requirements or are looking for a custom quote please contact us. They can source everything from basic E3 systems with 8GB RAM to high end multi CPU servers with 512GB RAM or more and 10x SSDs. We deal with both new and refurbished hardware and have quality established relationships with various suppliers domestically and in the USA to meet any requirement in any location.